This original one-story home was built for Mrs. Fannie Moskowitz, who was a native of Louisiana. From 1901 it was the home of William Ernest Swift and Fannie Mae Frost Swift, both natives of Tennessee. Mr. Swift came to Palestine around 1884 and established a prominent local book store and was at one time the manager of the Temple Opera House downtown. The second story and large columns of this home were added in 1905 by contractor C. S. Maffitt. Despite a missing column and modern siding, the house remains impressive. Note the one-story side gallery and large dormer.