BAILEY-SUMMERS HOUSE - 921 N. CEDAR (LOOK LEFT) BUILT 1900 TWO-STORY CLASSICAL REVIVAL
This home is still in the Summers family and was built at the turn of the century. It is one of the finest examples of Classical Revival in the city. Its main architectural feature is the front portico with two-story Ionic columns. The historical integrity and architectural detailing of the home have survived the century virtually intact. The house was owned by Mrs. F.C. Bailey in the mid 1920’s, but from the mid 1930’s the house belonged to Elbert J. and Bessie B. Summers. Mr. Summers was a real estate agent. His grandson still owns and occupies the house.