Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this , then click done editing:

Done Editing

Carnegie Library

Add to plan Remove from plan

Carnegie Library

502 N. Queen

The library project began in 1853 as an effort by Judge John Graham Gooch to see a circulating library established in Palestine, at first lending his own books. With a contribution of $15,000 from Andrew Carnegie, the original library was replaced by this structure, which served as the library until August, 1986. The building became a Registered Texas Historical Landmark in 1970. The building is one of thirteen remaining Carnegie Library building in the State of Texas.

  • Attractions
  • Architecture
  • Arts & Culture
Processing