GATEWOOD-SHELTON GIN COMPANY - 304 E. CRAWFORD (OPPOSITE LEFT CORNER) BUILT 1920 TWO-STORY INDUSTRIAL SHEET METAL BUILDING
This is a fine example of an industrial historical building. It formerly housed a cotton gin which local residents remember operating into the 1940’s. Cotton’s importance to local agriculture died out after WWII. The Gin has been converted into other commercial businesses over the years, as have many buildings in the Old Town area.