GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH - 211 W. Kolstad (LOOK LEFT) BUILT 1916 CLASSICAL REVIVAL
This church was built on this site in 1916 by contractor Will Pheifer. It was very prominent in this northern residential neighborhood. It is one of thirteen historical churches in Palestine since 1850 when the earliest members met in Bascom’s chapel which is now a private dwelling at 812 N. Mallard. In the mid 1910’s the congregation split and some members formed this church. Others formed the First United Methodist Church located on S. Magnolia, which is also a historical church.