HENRY AND HYPATIA LINK HOUSE - 1003 N LINK (TO THE RIGHT AND ACROSS THE STREET) BUILT 1852 ALTERED 1912 CLASSICAL REVIVAL
Dr. H.H. Link came to Anderson County in 1846 and settled at Ft. Houston in Anderson County. He later moved to Palestine and after a short time returned to Kentucky to study medicine. He married Miss Hypatia Magee in Kentucky and brought her to Palestine. She traveled to Galveston by steamboat and then to Magnolia on the Trinity River by mule. The original home built on this site was built in the Greek Revival style with two rooms opening off the central hall. Dr. Link gradually added to the house. It became the unusual historical home it is today. In 1912 the eldest son, Dr. Henry R. Link, inherited the home and transformed it into a grand two-story Classical Revival dwelling. The original rooms now form the house’s front hall. His brother, Dr. Ed Link, built a Queen Anne style house across the street on the original Link family homestead. The Link family built several other historical buildings such as the Gregg-Link building at 101 W. spring and the Link building at 521 N. Church.