HODGES-DARSEY HOME - 517 E. HODGES (LOOK RIGHT) BUILT 1895 TWO-STORY QUEEN ANNE
Luther McKlemurry, a noted architect designed this house in 1895 for Daniel M. and Margaret Sue Hodges. Mr. Hodges and his brother Adolphus B. moved to this area to open a dry goods store in the 1870’s, after the railroad arrived. Mrs. Hodges lived alone in the house after her husband’s death in the 1930’s. In 1959, William Gray Darsey, a leader in the area oil industry, bought, restored and preserved the house. The home is still in the Darsey family.