HOMER AND EMMA MURPHEY HOUSE - 110 E. PINE (LOOK LEFT) BUILT 1908 ONE-STORY MODIFIED L-PLAN WITH QUEEN ANNE AND CLASSICAL STYLISTIC FEATURES
A very popular type of residence built after the turn of the century in Palestine, almost two-hundred similar homes still survive. Queen Anne style trim frames the porch. Notable for the lack of significant changes to the building’s interior, this house was built for Homer and Emma Murphey around 1908. Mr. Murphey owned and operated the Old Town Drug Store from the 1920’s through the 1940’s, later known as the H.C. Murphey Drug Store at 501 N. Church on the courthouse square. The Murphey family occupied the home until 1977.