This building once housed Kolstad Jewelry Store, which operated in Palestine for over 100 years. Soren Kolstad, a skilled artisan and clock maker, migrated from his native home, Norway, and opened a jewelry store in 1853. Mahogany display cases, installed in a previous location in 1916 were transferred to the present location in 1933. Managed by five generations of the Kolstad family, this was believed to be the oldest retail store in continuous operation by its founding family in the state of Texas. Now owned and operated by the Dickens family, this building remains a jewelry store.