LUCKETT AND CARRIE KOLSTAD HOUSE - 1007 N. QUEEN (LOOK RIGHT) BUILT 1915 TWO-STORY CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
Chester Luckett Kolstad built this home next door to the home of his father, P.A. Kolstad. After the death of his father, Luckett co-owned the famous Kolstad Jewelry Store with his brother, P.A. Kolstad Jr. The store was relocated from the courthouse square to the downtown location in 1933 where it closed in 1994. Luckett and his wife, Carrie, lived in this house through the 1940’s. A member of the Palestine school board for eighteen years, Luckett served nine years as president.