In early 1916, a new high school was introduced to Palestine. This elaborate Jacobean-Tudor style brick building was designed by distinguished Ft. Worth architects Marshall R. Sanquinet and Carl G. Staats. Note the poly chromatic brickwork and extensive use of limestone. Thoroughly modern construction techniques were used throughout. The building served as the home for Palestine students until 1976. In the early 1980's, the building was set to be demolished, but a group of dedicated citizens fought to keep the building and preserve the town's history. Most recently occupied by the Museum for East Texas Culture.